Authentic Afro-Latin percussion ensembles, powerful tribal rhythms, expressive fills and intricate solo percussion performances…
Afro-Latin percussion Volume 2 offers an exciting collection of acoustic percussion loops, drum hits and mixed percussive ensembles, perfect for adding excitement and energy to pre-programmed drum tracks or layering with one-shot drums to create unique and organic percussion grooves.
Whilst Volume 1 focused on ‘light’ percussion instruments, Volume 2 focuses on ‘drum heavy’ Afro- Caribbean and Latin American percussion instruments including; multiple congas, quinto and tumba drums, djembe, bongos, cajon, mini-timbales and timbales.
The library explores a wealth of different playing styles and rhythms which have been expertly played and recorded by world-class percussionist Ed Uribe and engineer Jeff Trueman from New York, USA. The result is a unique and highly useable collection of full-bodied Afro -Latin percussion loops/samples which suit a wide range of musical styles; from house music and electronic genres, to film scores and media/TV applications.
All loops and samples have been recorded with multiple high-end microphones via API 3124 and Avalon VT737SP pre-amps, with sound sources being mixed to perfection (post recording) to achieve finalized high-quality stereo loops, hits and performances.
What’s included in the library?
▪ 516 24-bit, 100% royalty-free acoustic percussion loops and single hits arranged into 4 main sections:
1. Percussion Loops – Raw
▪ 380 authentic Afro-Latin percussion loops and fills, carefully recorded at 126 BPM using a well thought-out selection of high-end microphones and pre-amps. In order to capture the authentic sound, dynamics and energy of Ed’s playing technique, the loops, fills and performances in this folder have been left completely ‘raw’, with only very minor editing and zero post processing.
▪ 36 bongo loops
▪ 62 cajon loops – featuring expressive fills and builds, tribal grooves and lengthy energetic performances
▪ 75 conga loops – featuring both one-drum and two-drum performances, expect to find a varied selection of true authentic Afro-Latin
rhythms and fills
▪ 43 djembe loops
▪ 37 mini-timbale loops, performances and fills
▪ 38 mixed percussive ensembles – featuring carefully layered performances from multiple sound sources to create expressive rhythmic ensembles and layered loops/fills
▪ 316 time-corrected percussion loops – carefully created by editing the ‘raw’ percussion loops and performances.
▪ The loops in this folder have been specifically created for those producers who require ‘machine tight’ timing in their music. Each loop has been time-corrected by carefully editing and moving individual transients/hits from within the performances.
3. Percussion Loops – Rex
▪ 331 REX2 loops created from the ‘raw’ percussion loops and performances.
4. Single Hits & FX
▪ 136 one-shot percussion hits and FX samples, recorded completely dry, leaving adequate headroom for post processing.
▪ 20 bongo samples
▪ 17 cajon hits and flams
▪ 47 conga samples – featuring hits and flams from conga, tumba and quinto drums
▪ 16 djembe samples
▪ 12 mini-timbale samples
▪ 24 timbale hits, flams and strikes
▪ 6 sampler patches/kits in SFZ, Battery, Reason NN-XT and Kontakt formats
This library was designed to be a perfect accompaniment to Afro-Latin Percussion Vol 1, which features ‘light’ percussive instruments including multiple shakers, cabasa, guiro, claves, sticks, bells, wood blocks and many other percussive ‘toys’.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers.