DopeVST has just released a new plugin, “Bass Engine”. Created with the Hip Hop producer in mind DopeVST studied the last three decades of Hip Hop production and selected the most representative bass sounds of each era. These basses include everything from dusty jazzy upright bass to floor shaking 808’s and everything in between.
The 1990’s were the golden era of Hip Hop and common production techniques involved the heavy use of sampling with machines such as the MPC 60 MKII or the SP-1200. Bass lines where usually made with bass notes and lines sampled from old Funk, Soul and RnB 12” vinyl records.
The first 100 presets in Bass Engine represent this unique sound and include crackly upright basses, deep Moog tones, live electric samples and abstract jazzy bass sounds.
During the 2000’s Production techniques changed slightly with more and more producers using hardware bass synths to achieve a nice deep and punchy sound. The Emu Mo’ Phatt was a popular rack module among some while the ASR-10 and MPC 3000 samplers were still heavily used by the traditional crate-diggers.
The second 100 presets in Bass Engine represent this smoother sound so you will discover deep dirty basses, solid sub’s, fat Triton patches and clean vinyl cuts.
The 2010’s have been dominated by the synth, sub-bass and 808 sound. Whether its Hip Hop, Trap, Dubstep or even Reggae these highly produced yet deep ‘n’ dirty bass sounds have been devastating clubs and festivals throughout the world.
The final 100 presets include fifteen different 808’s, Moog Prodigy Subs, Warm MS-20 deep vibes and a whole collection of low end, heavy basses.
Key Features of the plugin include the following:
· 300 Pre-eq’ed Hip Hop bass instruments including 15 fat 808′s
· Unrivaled collection of the Finest USEABLE Hip Hop bass instruments ever!
· 50 Hip Hop MIDI basslines included featuring a selection of styles and keys
· Built in glide, pan and drive controls
· Built in ADSR controls
· Includes a built in analog style reverb
· Ultra low CPU usage [perfect if you own a laptop / tablet / low spec PC/MAC]
· Ultra fast patch loading [flick through patches in lightening quick times]
· Program your basslines manually or use a MIDI/USB controller/keyboard/MPD
“Bass Engine” is available for both Mac and PC and is available in both 32 and 64bit formats.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers.